I was recently asked to compile a list of Conservative Blogs… and, as you know, I have a keen interest in trying to add more “red” to the Florida blogosphere.
There are a few the are exclusively – or almost exclusively – political, with a “right-of-center” bent:
- Obviously I’ll start with mine, State of Sunshine.
- PEER Review FL is among the most conservative of blogs here in Florida.
- The Tallahassee Sentinel has a Florida focus, as well.
- Pekin Prattles tends to focus on national issues, but is still fun to read.
- The Florida Masochist, written by a self described conservative Democrat, is a good middle-of-the-road blog, with some chuckles thrown in.
A few others are talk about politics from time to time, but talk about other issues as well. I’ve only started reading some of these.
- Tampa Taxi Shots is written by a taxi driver, who happens to be running for Congress against Kathy Castor.
- He, along with Tampa Pirate are both part of the Blogs for Thompson movement.
- A Cool Change
- 26th Parallel (specializing on Cuba and anti-Castro)
- Babalu (specializing on Cuba and anti-Castro)
- Transterrial Musings
- Florida Cracker
- Infinite Improbability
- Assorted Babble has returned from a hiatus forced by health issues, keep her in your prayers.
There is also Front Page Florida, which isn’t a blog but is a conservative political a news-site. Still, it’s worth adding to your favorites.
Some candidates have blogs on now defunct campaign website — but State Senator Mike Haridopolos has a blog.
Now, the list of conservative blogs across the country is much more extensive, but I won’t go into that.
If I am missing any, please let me know!!